Here are the permissions we need and why we need them for Android.
- Coarse (network based) Location: Allows for localized advertising.
- Full Internet Access, View Network State and Receive Data from Internet: Allows us to get you the live sports data through your wireless network.
- Read Phone State and Identity: The Device ID is used by our servers to send Push Alerts to your device.
- Modify/Delete SD Card Contents: Gives you the option to save the app to your SD card.
- Prevent Phone from Sleeping: This keeps your widget up to date.
- Hardware Controls: Lets your phone vibrate when you receive an alert.
- Send Sticky Broadcast and Automatically Start at Boot: These are both used to send game Push Alerts.
- Add Calendar Events: Allows you to add a game to your device's calendar.
- Your Personal Information: we do not collect any of your personal information, this is standard wording from Google to cover a number of scenarios that are not relevant to theScore.